May 19th 2010
General goals of SOS Hotline Niksic are:
- to combat male violence against women and children in Niksic and
- to improve socio-economic position of women members of vulnerable groups.
In order to achieve these goals the work of the organization is organized in two program areas:
- Program for protection of women and children from male violence and
- Socio-economic program for vulnerable groups of women and children.
SOS Hotline for Women and Children Victims of Violence Nikshic is autonomous, local, feminist non-governmental organization founded in February 1998. The organization has implemented more than 100 projects with the aim to improve, promote and protect women’s and children’s human rights.
Since 2009, the organization becomes a member of the European WAVE feminist network (Women Against Violence Europe). The same year, SOS hotline Nikshic opens first local shelter for women and children, which was from the beginning in a rented space, and since 2012 The Organization builds its own facility for accommodation of women and children, which is opened in November 2013. Since September 2015, SOS hotline Nikshic becomes the coordinator of The Unique Free National SOS Helpline for Victims of Domestic Violence , specialized helpline service in Montenegro, which is available 24 hours 7 days a week.
We have been recognized as one of the leading NGOs in Montenegro in the fight for women’s rights. Our NGO aims to be a powerful instrument in the hands of women for economic, social and political empowerment.
Our vision: We dream of a world where all women and children will live in peace and dignity.
Our mission: SOS Hotline Nikshic helps to a positive development and implementation of capacities and potentials of children and women in family and society, through enhancement and protection of women and children’s rights, with the aim to be able to build a dedicated, responsible and open community. Read the rest of this entry »
September 9th 2009
1. Program for protection of women and children from male violence
Program goal: Combating male violence against women and children in Niksic.
- Providing services for efficient, quick and adequate care for women and children victims of violence
- Providing free services of support and professional help (informative, psycho-social, legal, representation before the court) for women and children victims of violence
- Education of professionals in the area of discrimination and violence against women and children
- Monitoring and analysis of implementation of laws and strategic documents for protection of women and children from violence
- Conducting research on violence and discrimination against women and children
- Developing mechanisms of participation and inclusion of citizens in fight against violence against women
- Dissemination of knowledge and data to interested subjects and people from community
2. Socio-economic program for vulnerable groups of women and children
Program goal: To promote socio-economic life of women members of vulnerable categories in Niksic
- Establishing centre for socio-economic inclusion of women
- Work on standardization, accreditation and licensing of programs and services
- Organizing licensed training programs for women
- Developing and promoting program areas, technical tools and human resources of centre for women education
- Fostering women entrepreneurship through public advocacy of women interests in entrepreneurship and labor market
- Fostering development of social cooperatives
- Monitoring of legal regulative and examining effects of State programs for promotion of position of marginalized groups of women and children
- Work on economic strengthening and connecting women members of marginalized groups to institutions and business sector
- Promotion of social economy as EU principle for social inclusion